Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Problems with irq settings

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Balphegor's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2001
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Hi everyone! It?s been a long time. I have a real tricky problem with my ews. I set up my computer now with Win2000 (former Win98) and have the fowolling problems now:

    1. The graphic card takes the irq 9 and I am not able to change it. Now the synth is not working, cause he would need irq 9. I reserved irq 9 in Bios for ISA devices, but with no success.

    2. The tools I downloaded from the terratec hp (fx panel, control panel etc) for Win2000 are not working! He tells me, that he would need Win98 drivers 2.0 or higher.

    I would be quite glad if you guys could help me out.

    Thanx
    Max

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Jason Wong's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    hi
    you cannot use the control panel and Fx panel if you haven't install the digital control or synthesizer...so u have to install both device.

    If you cannot change the irq of your display card.
    I suggest you go to EWS64_2k folder to click
    "EWSConf" to config the irq of your soundcard.
    Then you choose a irq that able to use.

    How about your Pc config?
    bye

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 01, 2002 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Jason Wong ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Dani Futuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2000
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had the same problem and fiddled around with ewsconfig alot, switching irqs etc but not until I removed my second graphiccard I got it right.
    However that wont do it if you just use one...
    Guess it woulda worked better with a mainbord with more resources. Try to disable gameport and codec if you do not use them, that might free up some irqs if im not mistaken. Just make sure digital control is activated.

    For a good guide on optimizing your computer for audio, visit: http://www.tascam.com/support/faq/pc_optimize/index.php

  4. #4
    Inactive Member piersfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had audio problems for 4 years (4 YEARS!) until the new UK distributors mentioned the IRQ setting utility tucked away in the EWS/Eeprom folder. If you read about it in the EWS manual you won't realise what it does. Without its own IRQ the card will not give good audio.

    Great! but I had no free IRQ's. My solution was to steal IRQ7 from the printer port and buy a USB to parallel converter cable (Belkin worked for me)so that I didn't have to keep re-enabling the printer when I needed it.

    Good luck!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •